Welcome to Magus Masonica

Livin' in hater's minds rent free - since 2006


"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."-
Voltaire

In the past 13 years since the inception of this site, we've NEVER received as much e-mail (cumulatively) about one individual as we have about Mr. Brad Cofield- Ed King-Masonicinfo.com

It may seem that we are being harsh to this individual, but only because everything he stands for flies in the face of our sacred traditions.
-inactive Mason and rabid fanboy Bryan Caldwell

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sorrow and the fast burn

We have a lot going on. I have lots of good things to report. Reality on the other hand has taken some of the steam out of my sails lately so please bear with me.

On February 27th, the 1613 Nation and specifically Lodge Hera lost a member. Sis, Shyla Capehart was taken from us and called to the celestial lodge in the early hours of the morning. This came as a total shock to all of us. Shyla was only 36 years of age, far too young for anyone to die. She was also a mother of five children including an infant.

I was there in November when Shyla was initiated into Lodge Hera. It was a very proud and special moment for us all as she was amongst the first initiates into the Hellenic Rite in North America. being one of the creators of the Hellenic Rite I was understandably very proud of this accomplishment. So far the pinnacle of my Masonic achievements.

This however is not the reason why Shyla will be missed so much. She was a constant source of light for all who knew her. A very accomplished magician and occultist, she dedicated her life to the divine arts and she served as a inspiration to us all. She worked hard, loved large and practice what she preached.

Words cannot describe how she will be missed.

Please remember Sis. Shyla and donate to help keep her children fed, clothed and with a roof over her head. It's the Masonic thing to do. If you are interested let me know and I will put you in touch with her family.

The devastation in japan has also cast a wide net of depression over me. The lack of sleep has made expressing myself in a positive manner very difficult.

So good readers, please put up with my seeming neglect of reporting 1613, MEAPRMM and other Post-Modern Masonic news this month. I promise I will get back in the swing of things ASAP.

1613

IN LVX,
Brad

No comments: